Every butchery shop requires a clean and hygiene environment as a messy shop can have a direct impact on the brand image. In other words, a dirty food establishment will have a negative effect on sales as well. And can even lead to health issues such as the spread of germs from raw meat products. This blog post discusses how an after-use cleaning schedule template can help in maintaining a clean environment for both the staff and customers.
This template will help the workers in keeping all the appliances in good working order and clean all the time. Also, ensure that the production line runs as smoothly as possible. As a result, will protect the food business from food safety issues that can damage their reputation. Hence, an after-use cleaning schedule template is a document that helps the staff members in keeping their after-use cleaning task organized.
Must have checks for an after-use cleaning schedule are listed below-
- Methods and precautions used for cleaning must be explained properly
- Check whether the fryers are clean or not
- Brush the grill accurately
- Empty sanitizing buckets
- Wash meat and cheese slicer after each use
- Cover all bins in a reach-in cooler with plastic wrap
- Wash floor mats
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor, walk-in refrigerator
- Put all cleaning rags in dirty laundry
- Put all aprons and chefs coats in the laundry (not with cleaning rags)
- Wash and sanitize all surfaces (cutting boards, reach-in, line, prep tables)
- Empty steam table and clean
To conclude, this cleaning checklist is essential for maintaining hygiene at the workplace during meat processing by reducing levels of surface bacteria (spoilage) left on a knife blade as well as killing airborne microorganisms when exposed to air while rinsing off a blade. Hence, an after-use cleaning schedule template will help in preventing the health hazards that can occur by not following these procedures properly, such as cross-contamination and other types of pathogens spreading around.