This bar closing checklist is used to make sure that your bar has a clear closing procedure for the bar. The first thing to do when closing is to ensure all guests have left the bar and all doors are locked. For instance, having guests linger around can severely slow down the closing process and prevent your bartenders from completing their tasks or leaving on time.
Therefore, for a smooth operation at your bar and to make sure bar profitability, it is extremely important that your bartenders are aware of their responsibilities. And that they’re always in sync with each other. In other words, one of the best ways to ensure a high level of performance from your team is to have a bartender duties checklist in place. Then they can proceed to go through the daily bar closing checklist.
Below are some tasks which can be completed by the bartender before closing the bar:
- Lock beer and wine coolers
- Empty trash cans and replace liners
- Clean and restock glasses, snifters, etc.
- Clean all blenders and mixers
- Restock disposable items (napkins, straws, utensils, coasters, skewers, etc.)
- Restock beer cooler
- Wipe down service well liquor bottles sizes
- Wipe bar top, counter, chairs, and stools
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Turn off the light, music, bar TV, neon lights, and bar signs
- Similarly, give bar bank to the bar manager
- Close and lock the cash register
- Count your bank and make a money drop
- Place glassware, tools, ashtrays, etc. in dishwasher & run
In short, by creating a detailed bar closing checklist, each employee will know exactly which tasks they are responsible for throughout their shift. At qualizy, the bar manager can easily customize this closing checklist. That way, bartenders and other employees can check off tasks as they go and help ensure that their business looks as good as possible for their customers.