Managing the food that you bring into your food business is the first step in ensuring that the food that you produce is safe and suitable to eat. Being a proprietor, you may purchase the ingredients or raw material from the number of suppliers. Further, those suppliers deliver food directly to your food business. Hence, it is essential for any food establishment to maintain a delivery record template for the same.
Consequently, this delivery record template will become a central point for managing the delivery of purchases made by your hotel or restaurant. This delivery checks will record the suppliers’ details with whom you contracted to provide certain foods items. Most importantly, food business owners always buy food from a prestigious supplier.
The Delivery record template must include the following data-
- Name of the type of product you ordered.
- Mention the quantity of the products
- Name of the supplier
- Make sure the ready to eat food is being received at the appropriate temperature
- Check whether the delivery vehicle is clean or not
- Verify the best before/use-by date of the products
- Check the condition of packaging
- Examine the quality of food
- Upload all the invoices or delivery receipts
- Similarly, upload the traceability tag
After recording the desired information if any issue arises related to delivery or the quality than the accountable employee must address it to the owner. Meanwhile, the owner can take the corrective action or reject the delivery and inform the supplier as well. Checking that each food delivery record meets your procedures is significant for your food business.
Hence, this handy delivery record template will help you and your staff in keeping an up-to-date record for the purchases made. On the other hand, the manager should check deliveries carefully to ensure food safety. To do this, make sure that the area where you receive food is clean, well lit, dry and free from pests.