A dishwasher is an appliance any food business relies on every day. A dishwasher is a cleaning machine that makes your dish- and glassware sparkling clean on the outside and well sanitized on the inside. However, the food debris, grease and other dishware impurities don’t just magically vanish. Some of it gets flushed away, but a significant amount gets stuck inside the dishwasher. So, it is important to make sure that the staff maintains it properly to keep it working accurately.
Since the worker can’t get clean dishes out of a dirty dishwasher. Hence, regular cleaning is equally important for prolonging the dish machine’s life and having satisfactory cleaning results by providing regular service and maintenance. When cleaning a dishwasher, the smartest way would be to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines stated in the user manual. Similarly, it is significant to have a dishwasher cleaning and maintenance checklist for the staff to follow on daily basis.
Below are some smart hacks for dishwasher cleaning and maintenance checklist-
- Always remove the food debris from the wash ware before it is placed inside the dishwasher
- It is advisable to follow the user manual before starting the cleaning task
- Regularly check the chemical level used in the dishwasher
- Clean the filter every 20 cycles
- Regularly inspect the dish racks for any chipping
- Replace the tank water twice a day
- Clean the dishwasher from inside on a daily basis
- De-lime the water feed equipment periodically
In addition, the temperature of water in the dishwasher also plays a vital role. While washing dishes and cookware, the temperature of the water used needs to be 50°C after a minute to make the soap or detergent lathers properly. To sum up, dishwasher temperature checks are a big part of any HACCP plan and demonstrate to environmental health officers that you are safeguarding your customers. If they find there is insufficient hot water on site then there can be 6 figure fines and possible closures. Don’t take any risks on your customer’s health and your own reputation.