On the other hand, the manager must ensure that all staff members are well-trained in workplace emergency procedures. This may include what to do in case of a fire, earthquake, or any other emergency. Also, the workers must be aware of the safe exists in their workplace. And, they should also have clear knowledge about the process to follow in case of any crisis.
These procedures are site-specific and should be a part of the safety training for all new and existing employees. In addition, regular drills or reviews of procedures are important to ensure that if an actual emergency occurs, everyone is able to react accordingly and safely.
This fire drill checklist will help in conducting a smooth and efficient fire drill at the food establishments-
- Notify all employees of what is going to happen
- Fire department present for drill
- The security team should be notified
- Inspect evacuation routes, signage, and emergency equipment is in good condition and readily available
- Are routes for people with disabilities effective?
- The fire extinguisher must be available at the location of fire
- Record any corrective actions needed and observation on evacuation procedures and processes
Therefore, fire drill checklist forms a vital role in any food business’s fire safety measures. This fire safety template also helps in inspecting the fire hazards that can be mitigated to avoid serious injuries, workplace deaths, and property loss.