A fire extinguisher check log is an amazing tool used by food business operators and the managers at duty. They usually use this log to schedule and conduct the fire extinguisher inspection. And a fire extinguisher checklist will help the inspectors in recording all the relevant details about the fire extinguishers. For instance, its exact location and current condition.
In addition, fire extinguisher checklists help the examiners in proactively identify the signs of issues that may render extinguishers unfit for at the time of an actual emergency. Therefore, it is the duty of the accountable worker to have the portable fire extinguishers visually inspected every month. Moreover, any failure to comply can lead to penalties. Also, puts the employees and the workplace at a serious risk in the event of an incident caused by fire.
Hence, using this fire extinguisher checklist the supervisor can efficiently make the monthly record-
- Make sure to do a visual check about the accessibility of the fire extinguisher
- Check the physical condition of the cylinder. For example, make sure the cylinder’s external metal parts should have no signs of damage or corrosion.
- Examine the emergency light test and hearing loop check
- Also, verify the needle of the pressure gauge and make sure it should be within the green zone
- Take corrective action if any issue found during the inspection and these actions should be included in the fire extinguisher checklist.
To sum up, checking and maintaining the fire extinguishers at your food establishment each month is a key part of complying with fire safety regulations. These checks plays a vital role not only in making sure that they are fully functioning. But, also familiarise the staff members with the types of fire extinguishers they have on-site (Water, Powder, Foam, CO2, Chemical). Most importantly, these fire extinguisher check log are super important to make sure the staff at the food businesses are well prepared for any fire emergency.