Chilling stored foods to proper temperatures is one of the best ways to slow down the growth of dangerous bacteria. Also controlling the fridge and freezer temperature can be a very crucial step or process. Therefore, it is important to maintain an up-to-date temperature log for the fridge and freezers. And it should be carried out on regular basis in order to keep clear records. In other words, having an effective fridge and freezer temperature log at your food establishment is a simple and productive way to track the temperatures of your fridges and freezers. Also, demonstrates to enforcing authorities that the food business is following all legal requirements for the safety of their customers. At Qualizy, we usually recommend you to check the temperature of your fridge or freezer at least once a day.
Below is a quick overview of What a Fridge temperature log consists of-
- This log comprises of different sections for the number of fridges at the restaurants or hotels.
- Each section will represent a different fridge with a number in order to differentiate it from others.
- Fill in the temperature during the checks (NOTE- Always remember that the fridge should be 5 ºC or lower and the freezer should be -18 ºC or lower.)
- Fill accurate date and time of the check made
- Include the initials of the worker who has done the check
- Also, make a note of any corrective actions that needed to be taken if the wrong temperature found
In conclusion, with a proper recording process, any food business will be capable of creating suitable temperature logs that demonstrate compliance exactly. Most importantly, this diligence will keep all the fridges and freezers running at the correct temperatures at the hotels or restaurants. As a result, will provide customers with food that is safe to eat.