Cleanliness is an essential part of your establishment. You have to be sure that all food items provided come out from a spotless establishment. It shows that you care and want your customers to have a good time while they are dining. For instance, a restaurant that drops the ball in terms of sanitization is not only impacting the customer experience but the very health of their customers.
Therefore, a clean establishment will prove your compliance and helps to boost customer loyalty. It is necessary to have a monthly cleaning schedule at the food establishment. This monthly cleaning checklist will help the hotel or restaurant staff in cleaning areas and equipments which are not cleaned on daily basis. In addition, a monthly cleaning checklist also helps in identifying the defective items and can assist you with your food business monthly assessments.
At Qualizy, monthly cleaning checklist for any food business includes the following checks-
- Clean behind oven, stoves, and fryers (the hotline)
- Run cleaning and sanitizing chemicals through the coffee or espresso machine to remove built-up grime
- Burn, clean, and sanitize ice machines
- Empty, clean, and sanitize freezers
- Inspect and wipe down the condiments and salt and pepper shakers
- Clean refrigerator coils
- Dust any decorations or wall art
- Wash glass windows and doors
- Clean and sanitize walls and ceiling
- Disinfect prep area surfaces
- Clean restaurant vent hoods
- Replace and discard any pest trap
In other words, a clean and well-maintained dining space will impact your guests and make them want to come back. In addition to this easy-to-use a monthly cleaning checklist, creating and enforcing a HACCP plan in your food business can help you in keeping your space sanitary and safe. Most importantly, this checklist makes sure that your restaurant is running a hygienic and food safety compliant business.