To maintain hygiene standards in your restaurants, café or hotel, one of the most crucial aspects is to train your staff members to maintain personal hygiene. Your employees are the most critical factor for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene. Therefore, every person working in a food-handling area must maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
This Personal hygiene template will help you in designing the basic guidelines for what protections and good practices to follow by the staff at work-
- To make sure that all your employees should keep their body clean at all times.
- Wash your hands using water and soap or hydroalcoholic solution for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth at all time
- Employees should wear protective outfits and uniforms
- Regularly inspect the kitchen areas, dining area and restrooms.
- Daily sanitise the kitchen equipment
- Never smoke, chew gum, spit, change a baby’s nappy or eat in a food handling or food storage area
- Never cough or sneeze over food, or where food is being prepared or stored
- Wear disposable gloves over the top of the wound strip if you have wounds on your hands
- Change disposable gloves regularly
- Inform your supervisor if you feel unwell, and don’t handle food.
Using this personal hygiene checklist, business owners will be able to maintain tidiness and hygiene in their restaurants or hotels. As a result, minimising the possibility of food poisoning. To sum up, a clean restaurant means seamless restaurant’s operations.