This restaurant closing checklist template is used to make sure you have a clear closing procedure for the restaurants. Building out this closing checklist will keep your staff accountable. But most importantly, it creates a highly functional and professional environment. As a result, smooth operation at your restaurant and to ensure profitability, it is extremely important that your staff members are aware of their responsibilities. And that they’re always in sync with each other.
Before closing the restaurant doors, it is important to quickly inspect all items and create a report of any issues you had for the day. Above all, ensures a high level of performance from your team is to have a closing checklist in place. This is a big part of staff member duties.
Following are the tasks, which can be complete by the restaurant staff at the end of the shift:
- All food is covered, labelled and put in the fridge/freezer (where appropriate).
- Waste has been removed and new bags put into the bins.
- Floors are swept and clean.
- Evaluating cutlery, glassware, and crockery which need to be washed and shifted to dish wash.
- Next, check counters, tables, chairs, and appliances.
- Record any breakage that occurred.
- Turn off lights and powered electrical equipment.
- Lock doors and windows.
The Supervisor at the duty must secure the money in the safe, complete all closing paperwork, conduct a final walk-through, verify that all equipment is cleaned and turned off, lock the doors and activate the alarm system. That is to say, consistent use of the restaurant closing checklist template assures that the manager has done all he/she can prepare for the next shift. To sum up, the proactive use of the restaurant closing checklist consistently and correctly. This template will play a vital role when it comes to your restaurant’s success!