This restaurant opening checklist template is used to make sure you have a clear opening procedure for the restaurants. Building out this opening checklist will keep your staff accountable. But most importantly, it creates a highly functional and professional environment. As a result, smooth operation at your restaurant and to ensure profitability, it is extremely important that your staff members are aware of their responsibilities. And that they’re always in sync with each other.
One of the best ways to ensure a high level of performance from your team is to have an opening checklist in place. This is a big part of staff member duties. First, they can make a quick property check for any visible damage. Then they can proceed to go through the restaurant.
Below are some important tasks, which can be complete by the restaurant staff at the start of the day:
- Your fridges, chilled display equipment and freezers are working properly.
- Your other equipment (e.g. oven, lights) are working properly.
- Staff are fit for work and wearing clean work clothes.
- Food preparation areas are clean and disinfected (work surfaces, equipment, utensils, etc.).
- There are plenty of handwashing and cleaning materials (soap, paper towels, sanitiser, etc.).
- Hot running water is available at all sinks and handwash basins.
- Allocate the respective duties to their staff members
- Flip the sign on your door from “Closed” to “Open.”
In addition, the daily opening checklist will also ensure the timely opening of the restaurants and quality services to their customer. Above all, these restaurant opening checklists are fully-customizable and the restaurant owners can modify them to reflect their own specific procedures, practices and system. Consequently, they can also use these daily opening checklists to periodically review their operation to determine whether the tasks have been performed correctly, consistent with the procedures and practices they have established.