To meet food health and safety regulations, adequate staff training is essential. Therefore, food business operators must ensure that their employees receive the appropriate training in food handling. Moreover, proper food hygiene practices can help prevent a number of issues for food service establishments. Aside from ensuring your operation passes its health inspection, staff training in food safety practices can:
- drastically reduce the risk of food poisoning for your customers
- protect your business’s reputation
- minimize legal accountability in the case of a foodborne illness
A well-organized staff training record confirms good quality, a consistent product and a sanitary environment for customers. However, the employees should get proper awareness about safe habits while handling food and must understand why it is important. This staff training template will help the managers in planning and organizing the best training sessions for all the employees.
Hence, staff training record will help in providing the employees training in the below critical areas-
- Regarding personal hygiene and fitness to work
- Safe methods to be followed on the first day
- Complete knowledge about physical and chemical contamination
- Understanding of Pest control and food allergies
- Stick to effective cleaning practice
- Wash hands when required
- Maintain a proper cleaning schedule
- Chilling food properly helps to stop harmful bacteria from growing
- Cook food safely with extra care
- Use thermometers to verify all cooking temperature
- Check hot holdings and ready to eat food
- Similarly, Manage extra checks aptly
Implementing staff training from time to time will definitely put your food business on the right track to food safety. So, making every employee accountable will assure that you have a clean, healthy, and reputable restaurant or hotel.
To sum up, the senior members of staff – including middle and upper management, food hygiene trainers and head chefs – should undertake the correct food safety training to ensure they pass on the right training onto all their staff who handles food.