Weekly food safety checklist will help food industries in inspecting the quality of food. In addition, it also makes sure that the store where the food is kept is free from pest and clean. A weekly checklist for food safety provides a set of model requirements to help food businesses. As a result, they attain a higher standard of food hygiene and safety through the adoption of good practices.
This template applies to all food establishments including, but not limited to, the following:
- Restaurants, hotels;
- small and medium eating joints
- food served in retail outlets;
- freshly extracted juice and beverages shops/ outlet;
- base kitchen
- confectionary, bakery and sweet shop serving unlabelled pre-packaged or loose sweets/baked products/confectionary products
- frozen desserts
Therefore, those working in the food business must be accountable for following correct practices while handling food. It also helps in making individuals more efficient and productive at their workplace. Also, hygienic food certifies that food prepared for customers is safe and healthy to eat.
This weekly food safety template at Qualizy includes the following checks-
- Stock examined for damage/dents/short life.
- Check date codes and stock rotation system
- The store is clean, dry and well lit.
- Store inspected and free from pests
- Pest records Up-to-date
- All food covered and date coded
- Raw and cooked foods are segregated
- Similarly, deforested food should be covered and so-on
The staff members responsible for weekly food safety checks must ensure the list is complete at the week start or during weekends. If any deviation observed should take corrective action for the same. Hence, this template will help in increasing the sales of the food handling business.
Nowadays, running a food business is a big endeavour, with many important tasks to do and regulations to follow. Having a clean and safe business is the top priority. By using this weekly food safety template the proprietors and managers can ensure they are running a hygienic and food safety compliant business.